Sunday, June 14, 2009

My little garden

Many friends have been asking me the same question. "What is Mon Petit Jardin means? What language is that?" It means My Little Garden and its in French.

Why didn't I simply put "My Little Garden"? That is because I found it nothing special if I named it in English. I want to put back as the same title as my private blog, "Once Upon A Time" but when I think about it, I want something special for this blog. I need a different yet special name for it. I always wanted a lil garden that only myself can get in and spend time alone there where I have total freedom and privacy. Too bad in real life, I don't have that special lil garden so with the help of high-technology nowadays, I managed to find this "special garden" of mine, a place where I have total freedom and privacy to express my feelings and thoughts in words.

I choose to name it in French because I found it very special and simply because I love French. Since I was young, I was fascinated by the French language. I wanted to learn the language but my mum against it with the reasons, the language is useless and who am I gonna talk to anyway. Ya my mum is right, French isn't very useful in Malaysia but as time passed, I realised a great number of words of French origin have entered the English language to the extend that around 30% of its vocabulary is of French origin. For examples, cliché, déjà vu, élite, fatigue, gateau, and many more. All those words are French origin.

I told my mum again about my desire and fascination of learning French when I turned 17 but still, she said no. Ever since I came here, I am more regret than before why am I being such an obedient daughter, hahaha...I should have gone against my mum and forced her to send me to French classes. Here, the French language is very common and is getting more useful if apply in business world. Lots of European here, so they somehow being influenced by the war time, during French colonization, the French language is being widely spread. My mum realised that when she came here for my first graduation and she told me she is regret that she didn't send me to French classes. Knowing 1 more languages than others do favour me a lot! I could have got a job easily and maybe as well for my PR application. Well, what to do...we cannot turn back time.

Till now, I am still very keen on learning French, the fascination of French language never stop in me. But bear in mind, this is not because of Gerald. Before I know him 5 years back, I was already have a deep interest in French language. As I said in the beginning, since I was a kid (8-9 year old maybe). Of course this is also the reason why my mum is regretted of not sending me to French classes. She said I would have communicate with him better, hahaha silly mum, we still have a good communication even though I don't know French, he doesn't know Chinese. Yup, not to deny if I spoke French, it will be so much easier and yes, sometimes we do have some communication barriers but I guess it happens in every couple no matter we both from the same nationality or not. Anyway, really, my fascination in French is not because of him!!! For me, I love French because I find it a very beautiful language. The way of pronunciation is very soft and I just love hearing French! I have no idea why I love this language so much, I just simply love it! It is the most beautiful language spoken in the world! (At least for me) ^.^

I will still continue learning French, bit by bit. As you know, I'm getting older. My brain is slow in absorbing things, hahaha...Not that I'm still a small kid, I would have easily stuff the language in my brain. In this blog, I will put in a lot of words in different languages. This is to make my blog look more interesting and attractive to read on...LOL :P At the same time, it allows me to learn more languages. ^_^

This post is for my friends who have been asking me what "Mon Petit Jardin" means. I don't understand myself, how come I can crap such a long bullshit. Why can't I just do the translation and end it? Hhmm hahaha I guess is in my blood, I love to link everything and everyone to far away then back to the main point hahahahaha that is so me!!! *.*

Welcome to Mon Petit Jardin! To all my readers, please continue to follow my blog. I will post more often. Merci beaucoup! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. haha..actually u can get 1 petit jardin rite back at ur home..u r rite,french is a beautiful language..if im not wrong,is the most beautiful language spoken..hehe..nice nice..learn more language the better,i wan to learn more to..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhmm back home i dun think i can get it unless i married a very rich guy who will build 1 for me, hahaha...
    yeah french is really a beautiful language :) i think i read it somewhere also in an article tat is the world most beautiful language spoken. need to look for the article again.
    learn lar learn lar, learn more! spanish, italian, latino also!

    ReplyDelete